To Move or Not to Move?


So, here’s the thing:  We’re about to wrap up 2014 and at the beginning of this year, my husband, C., and I decided that we were going to move out of Virginia.  We were pumped about the idea! I told my Momma and he did the same. But here in the last week, C. has decided that he wants to buy a house!  Which is wonderful and all, because of course I want to own a home but, he’s been looking…in…Virginia.

Now wait a minute!  I thought we were ready to see this place in our rear view mirror as we drove off into the sunset?!  What happened?!

In all fairness, we are coming up on the deadline to sign our lease renewal, and my husband has been painstakingly working to improve his credit as well but, what’s the sudden hurry?  We can wait a little longer, right? And when you buy a house, you’re making a commitment.  In our case, we would be making a commitment to the state of Virginia and all the fine people to whom we’d be paying property taxes and all the other monies that would be involved in the purchase and maintenance of a home.

But, I don’t know…should we stay?  I mean what’s the harm in living where you’ve been living?  My family is here, C’s family is here, and, well, that’s about it.  Now don’t get me wrong, family is super important and all (especially since we have a two-year old) but, my immediate family and I moved here from New York over eighteen years ago and it was just us.

AAgghh!!  What to do?!?!  There’s the real problem; neither C. nor I are really certain.  We visited Florida back in June and enjoyed that so, we considered moving there but now we’re looking at Georgia. He’s been applying to jobs but, has yet to hear anything back.  Obviously, he would have to secure a job before we would be able to step foot across state lines.

We can’t make the decision between the two of us, it seems.  We’ve been praying about this thing from the beginning but God doesn’t speak as loudly to me the way He did with Abraham, Noah, and all those guys but we still have faith He’ll keep us on the right path.  So, the best we can do is take it one day at a time.

This morning, my husband turned in all the paperwork to see if we can be pre-approved for a loan.

Now we wait…

Have any of you nice people been in a similar predicament or just had a HUGE decision to make?  What did you do?

Proverbs 3:5,6

Photo Courtesy of: S.Fowlkes


2 thoughts on “To Move or Not to Move?

  1. Hi,

    I am also close to God and He guides all my decisions, and He has yet to lead me astray. If you are familiar with the Law of Attraction, this is how you decide. You and your husband should stop thinking about the move for a few days, focus on feeling good, on things outside of the move, and ask God for guidance, and then follow the easiest path and the signs He will offer, which there will be if you look for them! And no you don’t need to have it all figured out beforehand. If you follow God, keep on feeling good, the circumstances to support you WILL present themselves. Good luck and let me know how it goes!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s